Friday 4 September 2020

Art Circle returns via Zoom...

Well that was interesting!

A huge thank you to my guinea pigs.  It was lovely to see you both again.  We not only managed to navigate technology but produced some drawings too.

During recent months one of the most significant and interesting things for me was how people communicated on-line.  It wasn't so much that we interacted through our electronic devices but that we presented ourselves within a snap shot of our domestic lives. 

I'm sure I'm not alone when I confess to being fascinated by the background to speakers:  the contents of bookshelves; artwork, calendars, clocks etc on walls; furniture, plants, the rooms they chose etc etc.  After a while, like me I should image you spotted the settings that were staged.  For example an mp (sorry, can't remember who) who added religious artefacts to his bookshelf when being interviewed about a particular group of people;  individuals who added a front cover view of books pertinent to what they were saying; the list goes on.  

The most interesting and charming were the people who made no changes to their surroundings.  The screen shot of these (although I didn't take any) were perfect portraits.

I began drawing some of these throughout lockdown and thought this would be an appropriate starting point for our on-line, test session.
A few of my drawings follow the ones below.

Well done guinea pigs and thank you for joining me!
Derrick and Monica by Christine







No comments:

Post a Comment