Building on last week's session, we tried a different approach using the same media on half A3 cartridge paper.
This time, using a paper cup as the starting point...
- cover the paper with a light layer of compressed pastel
- smooth pastel around the paper with kitchen towel
- use an eraser as the main drawing tool
- add more compressed pastel to darker areas
- smooth, erase & darken as necessary to build a tonal / three dimensional image
The lovely drawings are below. Well done everyone!
I should add, Monica finished early and so drew Derrick's jumper using the same process - lovely!
|Monica: Derrick's jumper|
|Christine: demo page|