So, to help the Christmas preparations along, we combined the start of a printing process with festive images.
The results follow and a brief "How to do it" is at the end of this page.
Well done everyone - lovely work and we all survived without bandages!
|Christine: demo pieces follow|
materials & equipment: paper, pencil, mount-board, oil pastels or children's wax crayons, craft knife
- on paper make a pencil drawing of image [The simpler the better. This is the time to adjust image.]
- draw onto mount-board
- using craft knife and without going all the way through the board, cut around outline
- peal away top surface of board in the areas not part of the drawing (rubbing of my demo piece in image 1)
- take a rubbing to determine next stage
- Continue removing other areas and taking rubbings until your satisfied with the result.
- Once happy with image, experiment with colour
Use wrapping paper & Christmas cards to give you ideas for images.
If making Christmas cards, the size of the piece should be determined by the envelope you intend to use.
|Happy Christmas to all visitors to circles of light-fylde blogspot|